Friday, November 13, 2009

DAMN IGNORANT!

I'm fuming and bloody frustrated at the sheer lack of manners employed by marketing companies!

I just sat down to start rewriting chapter one of my crime novel for workshopping at my next University session when the phone rang.

*Sigh*, picked it up. There was a recorded message at the other end trying to sell me something to do with credit cards.

This type of approach absolutely infuriates me. It is rude because if they haven't even got the decency to pick up the phone personally and try and sell me something, then why on earth would I want to buy it?

I have complained about this to BT, my phone provider, and its response is basically : "Tough. There's nothing we can do about it!"

I did listen to the message and waited for the number I had to press to speak to a real person. When someone, who sounded like they he was calling from an Indian call centre, spoke I let him have both barrels.

I did ask for my details to be deleted from whatever database his company stores them on but that won't happen because I have no choice but to put up with it. It would be called harassment if it was an individual person making regular unwanted calls but as I suspect that my details have been sold by the Govt from it's No 10 Petition site, I imagine it is pefectly legal to drive me mad!