Thursday, June 17, 2010

WHY SHOULD I QUIT SMOKING!

There I was on a beautiful sunny day in the middle of nowhere talking to a very nice chap from the RSPB about a wetland project when my mobile rang with an invitation to go live on air and talk about why I refuse to quit smoking.

On one side was Dr Wendy Richardson, who had loads of predictable, offensive, and inflammatory things to say and the other was me just trying to stick up for myself and other smokers.

Anyone who wants to listen in can find the link to BBC Radio Humberside's Peter Levy show The debte between the good doctor and myself comes about half way through.

Now I'm about to disappear for a few days again as the annual festival I work at starts today. EcoFest is held in the beautiful Lincolnshire Wolds. There will be great music and a great atmosphere and I can't wait.

* I should say for the sake of clarity that the radio interview had nothing to do with the RSPB but I was out on a job for a feature I've written about their project when the call came through.