Friday, December 24, 2010

COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON


Santa when smokers were friends


That's me done for this year. All my shopping finished, wrapped, presents delivered and fridge, freezer and cupboards packed full of enough to last the festive season.

Luckily there was stuff left on the shelves as people down my local supermarket packed trolleys like it was the dawn of Armageddon. My other half kept mumbling that anyone would think that the shops won't be back to normal business in two days time.

Grandaughter No 2 and Daughter No 2 braved the icy conditions up north to get home for Christmas. There'll be a veritable boxing day feast of family visits when Daughter No 1, new husband, Daughter No 3 and Grandaughter No 1 arrive.

As we go into the fourth year of social exclusion and denormalisation one can only hope that what the National Death Service says about Nanny is true. Somehow I don't think "scaling back nannying health advice" will mean anything for smokers.

Let's hope it's not just going to be replaced with something even more covert than denormalisation.

I'd like to be positive and believe that the NuGovt has seen the error of it's ways as the coalition takes a nose dive in popularity - but then with NuTory wealth ministers cozying up to the bigots at the fake charity ASH, one can only assume we're in for another rocky year.

For now, it's Christmas and they can all go to hell. Smoking at home isn't illegal yet.

I thank you for reading my blog this year. I hope my rants, rages, and moments of absolute despair have been of interest.

Merry Xmas everybody. I hope it's peaceful an blessed and the New Year brings hope and comfort.

Meanwhile, I raise my glass of mulled wine, and tilt my lit roll-up to your good health and sheer bloody determination not to let the bullies win.