Monday, August 23, 2010

FESTIVAL FUN AND RAIN



It's been back to basics for me for the last few days as I've been camping on site at the Small World festival near Louth Lincolnshire which was a relaxing escape from the reality of being a target for hate in NuBritain.

The weather was mostly awful but a piece of a wood placed strategically at the entrance of our tent saved us from getting a right soaking in the torrential monsoon type downpours that occurred sporadically throughout the four days. The heaviest downpour came when me and my other half were most exposed on gate shift with a very nice never-smoker hater of the puritanical health zealots who she said have also ruined her social life because most of her friends smoke.

The wet and damp was tempered with some lovely warm south west breezes and the final day on Sunday was glorious. The music from bands listed on organisers the Wolds Collective poster above were outstanding and the atmosphere friendly and tolerant - even when smokers took shelter inside "public" tents manned by stallholders and service providers.

I did take my new netbook to write as I was away but unfortunately, I did also check out the news and the first two items I read left me so depressed, the netbook was put away until I got back home.

This piece of news from Anna Racoon made me wonder what on earth is happening here but I'm glad to see Anna ready to battle for what is right.

And this piece of news from Taking Liberties is really quite a terrifying move forward towards assaulting smokers in the street with the blessing and encouragement of the authorities. The Bully State is quite a soft description of what is going on here and what is this NuGovt doing about it? My guess
is nothing.

I have heard smokers say that if any of these morons run up to them and grab cigs from their mouths they will get a smack in the face. I would advise against it. What they are doing is assualt but we live in an unfair society. They can assault smokers but if we fight back we will be the ones facing criminal charges.

I have been saying for ages that the anti-smoking zealots are moving towards criminalisation of smokers and the eradication of tobacco and Govt is doing nothing to stop the hate campaigns against us.

We also need protection from discrimination in the workplace because the issue is getting very nasty according to Leg Iron over at Underdogs Bite Upwards who reports that Nicotine test kits are sometimes used as part of pre-employment screening by some organizations and agencies that prefer non-smoking employees.


With the state taking a Fascist approach with its never ending signs telling us what to do or not to do OR ELSE, I did find the sign below at Small World a very pleasant way of telling people how to use the festival toilets correctly.

I rather liked the idea of going back to the Roman way of sanitisation and the earth loos which use only sawdust to flush which means that it all goes back into the earth as compost waste. There were disgusting Portaloos on site but few festival goers use them preferring the natural approach to spending a penny or two.

Perhaps if the anti-smoking zealots could be as poetic in their demands as the Wolds Collective, and far more polite about it, then maybe people like me wouldn't be quite as angry and frustrated as I am by this modern phenomenon of Don't Do It Because We Told You Not To.