Wednesday, August 4, 2010

TO BAN OR NOT TO BAN...?

It's not often I ask my readers what I should do on an issue because as you know I'm pretty opinionated about all sorts of stuff and not easily intimidated. But after reading THIS I must admit it's made me think twice about my resident anti Baz who despite several requests, will not tell me who he is and what he does or who he works for.

This is an anti-banning blog so to think about banning Baz is quite a huge step to take but after reading this personal attack on my legitimate view about ministers and particularly the former health sec Pat Hewitt's role as a "taxi for hire" (not my words) I have to say my patience with him is well and truly thin.

Baz says:
August 4, 2010 at 9:54 am
Pat Nurse, even if you got an answer you wouldn’t believe it anyway! so why ask. you’ll still say it’s all a conspiracy.."


Link here if you want to find the comment yourself or make one

Baz has every right to make his views known here on this blog and elsewhere on the web but he does not have the right to attack me personally. Last time he attacked my ability to do my job and he questioned my professionalism.

He even felt fit to rant at me about someone else's post on F2C which I simply highlighted as poignant and thought provoking at a time when I was too busy to be able to blog a piece myself. In short, Baz seems to be trying to discredit me, and given that he will not tell me which organisation he works for, I don't feel much like tolerating him anymore.

Yes, I'm really angry and so the comment moderation will be back on until I calm down. But I'll leave it to the majority of other people who read this blog to decide whether or not Baz stays or gets blocked ... and before Baz pipes up with crap about how the smoking ban was "democratic", I will just point out that the pre-ban ONS survey showed clearly that a majority of people in this country wanted choice and not a blanket smoking ban!