Sunday, January 10, 2010

OOPS!


It looks like I've upset someone on Facebook who had this to say :

"Patsy Nurse (surely that can't be her real name??) It is NOT Governments that divide the World; on the contrary, they have been labouring mightily since at least 1920 (League of Nations) to unite it and form One World Government, run by sinister figures such as Bilderbergers, Elders of Zion, Davos Summitteers, EU bureaucrats, Common Purpose members, freemasons, Bnai Brith people etc etc

"It is the way of the World that divides the World: human nature is quarrelsome; there are 2000 languages out there; an awful lot of History (and we are all prisoners of our pasts, whether we like it or not).

"Unfortunately, neither Patsies nor Nurses understand these complex realities: "Good fences make Good Neighbours", (Robert Frost, American poet) Think how difficult it is even for wives to live with their husbands nowadays (especially the menopausal ones) so how can whole Nations and Peoples be expected to cohabit peacefully? Conflicts are inevitable: armies of diplomats exist to try to postpone them but real Armies have every interest to fight for promotion (as above) funding, glory etc. Unfortunately, Patsies and Nurses do not & will never understand this, because they are women and War is a Man thing (see Othello again) Just stick to your knitting please, Patsy.

.. and this...

"Patsy Nurse (the name says it all, doesn't it all) knows NOTHING of the Pomp and Circumstance of Glorious War (as Othello called it). It brings out the best in people, as well as the worst. But it is also a powerful instrument of historical change & economic & technological development.
"There are plenty of other reasons for grief and anger (we all have to die and we all quarrel). These are normal human emotions. And they cause war, rather than being caused by it.
Women love losing their sons! They don't want them around the house eating, farting and taking up space after the age of 18. Many brothers & sisters are not particularly close; they squabble and fight from tots to teens, then quarrel over parents' inheritances. As for lovers; well love comes and goes.
"Even if Johnny does come marching home again, his girl will have written him a "Dear John" letter by then and found someone else with more £££££. Women also love being war widows: the pension and inheritance may well be worth more than the divorce settlement she would have got, if she had gone to law. And enemy action saves lawyers' fees. Mind you, he would have had to pay those too, even if the IED didn't get him first, the divorce would've hit him just the same."

OK - I admit my reaction to war is emotional and my idealist approach would tend to err on the side of not wanting anyone to die for any reason that couldn't be resolved by political debate, but I honestly don't knit and for anyone who doubted it, my name is real - Patricia Margaret Nurse. My friends call me Patsy, my professional friends call me Pat. I told my critic that he could call me Mrs Nurse.

My critic went on to friend me and then had this to say about smoking :

"Tea is bad enough (full of poisonous caffeine) cigarettes are suicide. Why don't you just take up crack & heroine instead; your statistical chances of survival may even be greater, in the long term."

Despite his bad spelling of heroin, he deemed it right that he should send me a personal message to correct my spelling of "hypocrasy" (Hypocrisy) . I defriended him and then discovered he was a BNP supporter. I wonder if they all think this way?