Saturday, March 6, 2010

NICK HOGAN - TARGET REACHED !!!


I am really busy this weekend finalising my short story, Great Granny's House, for my MA monthly assignment. and so I won't spend much time here boring Baz, in particular, with my thoughts on what we smokers and freedom loving non-smokers have acheived. Read Anna Racoon, Old Holborn and Simon Clark's blogs for the full update on how we reached the target to free pub landlord Nick Hogan within four days.

No one can say that this was not a great effort. I believe, and so do many others, that this has proved there is more public support for choice than oppression. ASH, which couldn't function without Pharmaceutical industry and Govt support, only raised £4000 in a year from public donations. Nick Hogan's fund trawled that in from willing donators within a few hours. The grand total in a week was more than £9,000 and money is still pouring in.

Bloody well done, everyone! Read all about it, and the rest, from the links below.