Thursday, March 25, 2010

VOTE FOR LIBERTY


Old Holborn's rousing words could hardly fail to strike a chord. I think he sums up how millions of us feel about our so called "democracy".

I would echo his words. OH is standing in the election as the prospective Jury Team member for Cambridge and he deserves support. He has done plenty already to redress the unfair balance between the individual and the state in many successful online campaigns.

I believe the next election will not be won on right,left or centre ideological views but on how liberal or authoritarian the prospective politicians and parties show themselves to be. None of them at present are ticking my liberty boxes with calls for this, that and the other to be banned, outlawed, prosecuted, or persecuted.

The majority of the electorate is angry and most people want change - real and meaningful. One that gives them some control over not just their own future but simply their everyday lives. I am standing for the same reasons that OH gives so eloquently but my party is UKIP and my constituency is Louth and Horncastle.

UKIP is the biggest of the "others" and is passionate about personal freedom, individual responsibility, and doing something constructive to clear up the mess that 13 years of nuLabour has made. I'm not convinced that call-me-Dave- has the stomach, the perspective or the vision to set us back on the right course and I am sure that Nick Clegg has not.

This election will be one that is very different to any that have gone before. People will vote with their hearts and their spleens. The outcome really could be anyone's guess.

*http://www.oldholborn.net/2010/03/let-us-imagine.html