Thursday, April 15, 2010

CUDDLING DOGS




Along with the other main candidates in the election for the Louth and Horncastle seat, I recieved an email from a concerned couple who own a small local brewery about what my party would do to help the beleagured pub industry.

I responded immediately and offered to go and see them in Louth where the Fulstow Brewery is based. I also sent them a copy of UKIP's beer mats above which were produced before Labour began it's incredible assault on other lifestyles including "binge drinking" and the incredibly offensive term of "obesity". Pubs closure rates were at 39 a week then. They stand at 52 a week a now. They also wanted to be able to trade fairly alongside the big supermarkets which the NuLab Govt seems to be giving carte blanche permission to undercut pubs on the price of beer and spirits.

I was really interested to know the views of these non-smoking professionals and it was that the smoking ban is definately killing their industry and the assault aimed at the minority that is irresponsible enough to drink to excess won't help.

They were very pleased to take delivery of a pack of the beer mats which they said they would distribute to their clients while delivering their very fine real ales.

The couple had three gorgeous Jack Russell dogs and one took rather a shine to me and jumped up on my knee. I sat and stroked and cuddled him while we talked. I do love dogs after all. It rather compensated for the fact that no-one has yet asked me to kiss babies, which I understand is one of the requirements of campaigning.

I will be in the L&H consituency on Saturday where I hope to be able to speak to lots of people and spread the word that the time for the political revolution has come. It is only UKIP that can deliver it and free society from the grip of the same old three party alliance which supports MPs, the system, and does not listen to the views of the people who really matter - the electorate - if their concerns don't match the three's identical ideological aims.

Incidentally, the brewery told me that despite asking all candidates for their views on this issue, it was UKIP that responded.