Friday, April 2, 2010

NIGEL ON HIGNFY

I think Nigel Farage - or Niggle Farage - did very well on Have I got News For You last night.

I asked my 16 year old son what he thought about it after the programme. He said he liked Nigel and he made him laugh. He said he was different and came across as honest and not "full of the same kind of spin."

My family doesn't particularly share my political views or party allegience so my politically neutral's son's opinion was encouraging and my other half's reaction interesting. He said he liked the humourous verbal assault on the unelected EU president Van Rompuy, and said it was great to hear a poltician like Nigel speak his mind even if you don't like what he says. My bloke reminded me of the time Labour's Dennis Skinner had a mardy, grabbed the Mace in the House of Commons, and threw it to the floor, and when John Prescott punched a constituent.

Have a good laugh and watch it here