Saturday, July 23, 2011

THE IMMORTALS



I had a few thoughts on the tragic Amy Winehouse but Simon Cooke over at the View from Cullingworth said pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

Obnoxio The Clown wrote a really poignant piece. I don't think he's suicidal but showing how any one of us could find ourselves taking that wrong turning, standing in the same shoes, but no one but ourselves can change our course. Sometimes it takes the courage we haven't got or the will we can't summon but we are all masters of our own destiny and sometimes we must.

I've heard others say that Winehouse wasted her life. I think she did far more with the time she had than many of us will achieve in a lifetime. She might even become a member of the 27 club.

RIP Amy. Thanks for your music and your individuality.