Monday, July 27, 2009

AND FINALLY IS NOT THE END

Thanks for the comments on the last And Finally post. It is encouraging to know that I am not the only one who feels this way about the state of the British political parties in this mad age that makes me feel like I was born, brought up and nurtured on another planet.

Both Karen and Mandy are right when they say that the danger in voting UKIP is that Labour will get in again because of the many other fringe parties. I would also like to see the liberatrian parties getting together with UKIP to make a huge difference if it is principals that have made them change their support.

However, that said, I'd obviously love it if UKIP did win the next election, and with the way that the party seems to continually increase its share of the vote it is not impossible, but even if it didn't have a chance and voting for UKIP ensured Labour won by default, it wouldn't matter to me. Lab/Lib dem/ Con - what is the difference exactly?

I do honestly believe that if Labour wins again, this country will be finished. There will be nothing left - no freedoms, no choice, no economy, no tolerance, no pride - but so be it. I cannot vote for that party anymore. I cannot vote for Cameron's Conservatives, or as Karen puts it, Blair Mk II. It will make no difference to me if Lab, Lib Dem or the Cons win. They might as well be one party such is the similarity in their ideologies.

The biggest clowns in all of this, of course is the ilLib Dems. They are in the prime posiiton to show the country after almost 30 years that they are a real alternative to the two party system but what do they do? They decide to try and get the same voters as NuLab and Cons and therefore turn away potential supporters who genuinely want change - but not the sort brought about so tragically by NuLab.

In my view, there is no point to the ilLib Dems anymore. They offered an alternative, they don't anymore. UKIP is that party now and I predict that it will, at the very least, become the third party of the UK and the only real alternative to the stalinist state we are increasingly heading towards.

And Finally is usually just my last thoughts of the day. I do aim to keep this blog updated regularly so any tips, stories and views, please feel free to post them up or send them to me by email.