Friday, July 24, 2009

AND FINALLY .....

Watching Question Time the other night, I had to agree with George Galloway who said social mobility and the gap between rich and poor is wider now than it was in Dickensian times.
I wonder if that has anything to do with Tony Blair having a private education (although we call it public school education and I never really understood why) and his utter failure to understand what being poor in the UK means.

As I'm talking politics, I might as well mention that I am seriously upset at the bye-election result in Norwich, although pleased that Labour got such a drubbing. I bet that wiped the smug look off their faces! This NuLabour lot seem to have managed to do what other parties have failed to do - they upset just about everybody all of the time when most governing parties in the past have at least managed to please some of the people some of the time.

I just hope these new breed of Con politicians are not brain-washed idiots incapable of independent thinking but after my spat with the young Mansfield PCC, see earlier post, I am not entirely convinced. Just remember, if you vote these wishy washy publically school educated Con cronies into power at the next election, you will have them for at least 10 years. The country is in a terrible state already - is it really worth finishing it off altogether?

I know that when the general election does come around, I will be voting with my conscience and showing my (formerly) beloved Labour party how much I despise them for stabbing me and my kind in the back with the blanket smoking ban and the tax-funded, abusive, hate health campaigns targeted at smokers.

Anyone with any common sense, in my opinion, and who genuinely cares for this country, should vote UKIP next year. I know I will because I am sick of feeling excluded and I don't think the Cons will do anything to address it.