Friday, July 24, 2009

HOLIDAYS!


Yaayyy - my holidays are about to begin and it is that time of year again when I will be looking to stay where I can smoke, now that I haven't got my lovely home from home anymore.
I will be going to Newcastle next week for a couple of days to see my middle daughter and grand daughter number two and I can't wait. I've booked me and my other half into the Best Western's The Sea Hotel in South Shields which does indeed welcome smokers and makes then feel like proper human beings. I stayed there a couple of months ago with my youngest daughter and grand daughter number one and we all had the best time.
We were all in the same room which was well vetilated and aired but we chose to hang out of the windows to smoke because the view was so nice. I will be posting photos up here when I get back for other smokers who may find themselves in the North East and unsure of where to stay.
After we get back, we will have a few days of peace, as my youngest son will be staying up there for a bit, and then we will all head south to Lee on Solent . If anyone knows of any hotels or B&Bs down there please do let me know. We have booked to pitch up a tent on the site where my big brother Rob lives - a new experience for me - so I'm praying that it doesn't rain. If it does, we will be looking for somewhere a bit more comfortable to move to for the rest of the week.
Meanwhile, I am still mourning the loss of my classic 1978 caravan (pictured) which was given to us as a gift from a couple who almost got divorced because of it. He hated it, she loved it, and they squabbled every time they took it away.
Needless to say, me and Hampy do have different views about it. I used to call it my holiday villa and he called it a F...... piece of junk. As much as I miss it, I also know that when we are heading down the M25, I'll be glad it's not hooked up at the back of the car, and he will be absolutely ecstatic.