Friday, September 25, 2009

DOG FIGHTERS FACE JAIL


I'm so glad that I didn't have to cover this trial because I thjnk it would have given me nightmares but I've stumbled into the press pack waiting outside the court most days to get an idea of how things were going. These are people I would seriously like to see locked up and today that might just happen as they are due to be sentenced after being convicted following a Panorama investigation.

It seems the scumbags who pitted dogs to fight unto death - even if it meant executing the poor hounds themselves because they were too horrifically injured - have now started to fight each other.


I'm told there was a huge scrap this morning at Lincoln Magistrates' Court and two of the dogfighters have been taken to hospital. It's a shame they weren't denied proper medical treatment like the animals they were so cruel to.

I've seen both Claire Parker and her husband John (Oddbod) Parker on the same charges before a few years ago. It would appear that the maximum sentence for this particular offence is 6 months. At least Oddbod had the decency to die in prison and save us all a lot of taxpayer's money.

UPDATE : They got between 18 and 26 weeks in prison.

I reckon the maximum sentence for animal cruelty could have been upped by NuLab. It's such a shame Blair, Brown et al didn't start with animal abusers in the country before turning the screws on motorists, drinkers, foodies, and smokers. Surely they could have created some new law among thier 3000 that sets aside this sort of animal cruelty as distinctly different to domestic animal abuse which sometimes occurs unintentionally due to poverty, for example.