Monday, September 21, 2009

Yogi Bear's health tips



My friend Jude brought this nostalgic video clip to my attention
and as much as I remember Yogi and Boo Boo, I can't recall
this particular episode which seems to have been sponsored
by the American Cancer Society.

Many people will be aware that Dr Gio Batta Gori was once
its director and involved in developing a safe cigarette without
chemicals which would have meant that my generation
- a smoking child when this episode was made -
could now be smoking without any adverse health risk.

Dr Gori resigned his post when the American Cancer Society
abolished the programme in favour of aiming for a smoke free
world by the year 2000. If that isn't evidence that this issue has
nothing to do with health and everything
to do with Big Pharma funding, then I don't know what is.