Tuesday, September 8, 2009

HANG ON A MINUTE ....



I pass the Phoenix smoke free shop every time I go into town and I find this propaganda board monumentally offensive.

I'm sure that the recent "I'm not scared of anything except my mum and dad dying" ads run on TV have been slammed by the Advertising Standards Authority as "misleading" and "likely to unnecessarily scare children" and an order has been made that they are NOT to be shown before 7pm.

Why then, can someone tell me, does smoke free think it is acceptable to have this rubbish on display on a board outside the shop from morning until late afternoon?

A point I wished to make, but didn't have the time during my conference speech, was that if smoke free ideology has such public support, then why is this place always devoid of custom?

Perhaps someone has some thoughts or answers to both of the above questions.