Monday, October 5, 2009

...AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY RANDOM




I was taking grand daughter number 2 home after a trip to McDonalds when we saw this green and hairy thingy wriggling it's way towards the hedge. She wanted to tread on it but nasty granny said no. At least she didn't try and shove it her burger, I suppose.

And, as we are on the subject of random, why is it that when I planted one pumpkin plant last year, I got five huge pumpkins. This year I planted three plants but only got the one pumpkin? Eh?



UPDATE : I have unfairly accused grand daughter number 2 of being a potential caterpiller killer. Just for the record I should say she is far too sweet and far too young. She can't even walk yet, let alone tread on a poor defenceless insect.

It was, however, grand daughter number 1 who wanted to squash it. I am very happy to put the record straight.