Thursday, October 22, 2009

MEDICAL MARIJUANA IN TOBACCOLAND


William Cooke over at the Tobaccoland blog puts forward a good argument on the use of medical marijuana or rather one bigot's attempt to stop people from using it for medical reasons because he personally doesn't believe it does any good.

As part of the light blogging rule I promised myself, I thought I'd link to some great stories in cyberspace and bloggers who are far more articulate on some issues than I am.

I do, actually, believe that it is time we began to take a mature look at drug use in this country. The current status quo doesn't solve anything, doesn't lead to reduced drug use, causes more harm to both drug users and victims of drug related crime, and it stands from a hysterical viewpoint. I do think it is time we had a serious debate about the future of drugs and the pros and cons of decriminalisation and even possibly, in some instances, legalisation. However, in health obsessed Britain, I doubt very much that it's going to happen.

Anyway, have a read of Tobaccoland. A great blog.