Wednesday, October 7, 2009

NHS VIDEO COMPLAINT UPDATE


The Birmingham EN PCT has again been in touch about my complaint about its horrendous anti-smoking video that shows a smoker getting beaten to death on a public street.

I am very pleased that the complaints department has taken me seriously and there is to be a face to face meeting t o discuss my concerns.

I am hoping to have some political weight behind me in support at the meeting because I really do want to be sure that the PCT gets the message that this kind of propaganda is not health information but an incitement to violence.

Only yesterday I read that a mentally ill smoker had stabbed his elderly mother to death because she refused to let him smoke in her house. Deaths by smoking ban are already happening on both sides. This kind of video adds nothing to the health and smoking debate but does lend credence and gives govt justifcation to those who show their displeasure at smoking or smoking bans through violence.

And, while I'm on the subject of what I read in the papers yesterday, I should point out that one smoking child abuser who stubbed out fag ends on her child's back, is just that - one out of 11 million law abiding and caring smoker adults. The fact that this woman smoked 10 cigs in 20 minutes during a court break seemed to be of more importance to some papers than that cruelty she imposed upon her own child.