Sunday, October 4, 2009

PETITION URGES PARTY LEADER RETHINK




As a new UKIP member, I must admit that I went from having a glimmer of hope of real change for Britain to being completely deflated when leader Nigel Farage announced his resignation.

I'd always been a Labour supporter but after the party abandoned me, I began to look at which one would now best represent my views. It was hard to cross over to the Conservatives but I was prepared to give them a chance until I realised that they they wouldn't be much different to what we've already had to put up with for the last 12 years.

Cameron just doesn't do it for me. His Blairite manner and touchy, feely, approach to politics just turns me off. My brush with other Conservatives has left me very disappointed to say the least. My issue is the use of health propaganda to create social outcasts but I've found, generally, that Conservatives have already bought into it, believe in it without question, and that terrifies me.

Farage, in comparison, seems to be himself and a man we can believe in. He is unlike any of the wanna-be modern British politcians who seem to care more about their own chances of getting elected than they do about bringing real change to this country which to me is about restoring lost freedoms, having a fair, but harsh when neccessary, criminal justice system, and a non-judgemental and exclusive health and education system. Immigration is also a concern and ensuring that British people come first when it comes to employment. Like UKIP, I love Europe but I hate the controlling stasi-EU.

I believe that a libertarian Farage, who has the gift of comon sense, is more likely to bring this change about with the grass roots support that UKIP enjoys. It is a party that has grown from the bottom up and has evolved to become the real alternative that this country needs. It's victory in the EU elections was impressive and showed that people are prepared to give the Party their support. Without Nigel, however, there is no-one in UKIP who is able to touch the British people's psyche in the same way.

My greatest fear is that those people who will never vote for their traditional party again will turn to the BNP. The three main parties are doing nothing, except threatening prejudice and discrimination against a different policitical belief, to bring lost voters back on side. UKIP, on the other hand, offers hope for those disaffected voters and it's best chance of gaining seats in the next general election is with Nigel at the head. His centre ground politics, charisma, and oratory skills are vital in showing the electorate that wants a new start in politics, that UKIP is a viable choice.

The party may not win but if it came second, it would be the best opposition this country has ever had. What sort of opposition could we expect from Liberal Democrats? They suck up to whatever party is in power because they haven't got a clue what the electorate thinks so they copy those parties they wrongly believe to be popular. Their policies are pants and they don't know the meaning of the word "liberal". NuLab will be of no consequence after the election because I predict the party will be ground down into third place.

Those of you who agree that UKIP is worth support, and that Farage is the best man to lead it to victory, please sign this petition to make him think again about his resignation.