Monday, July 26, 2010

JOIN THE RESISTANCE




It's useful to see this weird little street sign has appeared in the centre of my city directly outside of the NHS Stop Smoking services in a building that also invites people with sexually transmitted infections to seek the services of the NHS. Charming!

I always make a point of standing oustide of this building at lunchtime as I enjoy my Lincolnshire sausage bap, cup of tea, and at least two smokes outside of its front door.

I've never seen many people in there and personally one doesn't know whether the customer is there to quit or to seek help and advice for the pox.

But as I'm getting a tad rebellious in my older age, and this new Speaker's Corner facility, is right outside of the place that deserves some protest, I'm aiming to spread the word about our Resistance Movement which aims to starve such organisations of our tax which we will no longer pay because of our refusal to buy tobacco in the UK.

Oh, yes. I want a Join the Resistance Pirate Poster on a wooden placard and lots of leaflets explaining the campaign to the many smokers I see passing by this building most days.

And as my local council has seen fit to provide a place where, allegedly, freedom of speech can take place, then I plan to stand outside shouting "Stop funding the anti-smoking industry. Join the Resistance!"

So can someone tell me where I can get my hands on as many leaflets that I'll need and that big poster? Oh my, this is going to be such fun :)