Friday, July 30, 2010

THE MADNESS OF WRITERS

I'm well into my script dissertation which I'm hoping to finish by the end of August but it means that I'll have to take another short blog break.

I've not slept or eaten much as I've sat glued to my computer, wrestling with my characters, plots, themes, scenes, actions, pace and settings. Just when I think I'm there and everything is in place, one of them starts whispering in my ear, and keeps me awake, drags me from the table, or out of the bath. At least now I know why writers are nuts.

Thankfully, the madness is almost over. I've got 13 of 90 pages to go, and a stillbirth, a death, a happy and a poignant ending to fit in. Hopefully, then, I'll be about there with just my 6000 report to follow.

Bye for now - I'm off for a sandwich, a cuppa, and a well deserved smoke.