Tuesday, July 20, 2010

PERSECUTION OF SMOKERS MUST END

This link shows the place where someone committed the most henious crime of this century, allegedly anyway.

And as I aim to go to the court tomorrow to see this most anti-social pariah get her just deserts for throwing away on the busy street a cigarette end that, let's not forget, is entirely biodegradable, I'll report back when I know how the case ended. And as my MP Karl McCartney is a magistrate, I'd be very interested to see if he sits on the bench in this case and what his reaction is to this huge waste of public resources.

I think the greater public interest concern here is how much has this case cost to take to court? How much does Lincoln City Council - oops - the pretentious freaks prefer City of Lincoln Council and paid an arm and a leg to get the name change - pay for what I assume is the smoke police to stalk this woman. Reading between the lines of the charges, it would appear she was followed because the second charge relates to dropping a cigarette end on one of the most congested and, it is fair to say scruffy roads in Lincoln

It seems incredible that the country has come to this and employs such petty persecution against it's citizens -but at what cost to them? Certainly in London smoke police are paid £44,000 a year. Is that amount of public money really worth it when all they seem to do is stalk innocent law abiding people who smoke? I pay my taxes in this city and I do not want them wasted in this way. I wonder what plans the ConDems have in mind as far as this piece of NuLab persecution goes.

It's time it ended.

This poor woman accused of this "at Brayford Way Lincoln in the county of Lincolnshire threw down, dropped or otherwise deposited litter, namely a cigarette
butt and left it in Brayford Way Lincoln a place to which section 87 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 applied. Contrary to section 87(1) and (5) of the Environmental Protection Act and at The Avenue Lincoln in the county of Lincolnshire
threw down, dropped or otherwise deposited litter, namely a cigarette
butt and left it in The Avenue Lincoln a place to which section 87
of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 applied.
Contrary to section 87(1) and (5) of the Environmental Protection Act
1990. The defendant threw down, dropped or otherwise deposited a cigarette butt at The Avenue Lincoln and left."

"THE DEFENDANT" !! If this is not an example of innocent smokers being criminalised, then I'm not sure what is.

Personally, I always carry a pocket ashtray because I won't let these Nazis persecute me for enjoying my biodegradable cigarette. It's a shame the anti-smoking propaganda put out by the last corrupt Govt didn't encourage more use of these things. But then, why would it, when we all know what a great cash cow smokers have become and how much of a target for hate they have been labelled.

Yep - I'll be watching very closely how this new Govt treats smokers generally and it could start by taking a whole new approach to educating smokers about litter. Education not persecution is the right way forward but I guess we will have to wait and see.