Saturday, July 31, 2010

A RANT AND AN APOLOGY

I had to take a few minutes out to post up a rant - and an apology - about ecigs.

I always felt threatened by them because I feared that normalising the use of those, and denormalising the use of tobacco, would lead to us all having to become vapers and choice to use the natural plant product would be denied in time.

Then I hear about this and moves to make ecig smoking illegal

Some vapers I know have been saying for ages that this is the way things are going for them. The anti-smoking industry doesn't own any shares in the ecig market. Vapers say that smokers who choose to vape, as a way of avoiding tobacco use, are not allowed to quit tobacco smoking unless they buy Big Pharma cessation products.

The apology comes from my previous bigotted comments about vapers based on the assumption that ecigs were something they are not.

Yes, I guess we're all in it together brothers and sisters.

HT - Dave Atherton