Monday, November 15, 2010

END FAKE CHARITIES NOW!



There have been some great posts on Taking Liberties this week such as the interview with former director of FOREST Stephen Eyres who Simon Clark interviewed back in the days when life was normal and being weird wasn't.

Today Simon features a post about fake charities and concerns by Blad Tolstoy regarding throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Now ASH is most definitely a fake charity and does not work for the good of anyone but the political pressure group's own self interest and I agree with every word that Simon says.

I also accuse Cancer Research UK (CRUK) of being fake. It has jumped on the anti-smoker bandwaggon and realised what a nice little earner it can be but spends far too much money on inciting hatred against smokers than raising cash to actually do some research into what causes cancer and how it can be cured.

I keep thinking that one day I'll put this to the test. If I had a sponsored 24 hour smoke-a-thon for CRUK with promises of cash for every cig I chain smoke in 24 hours would CRUK take my money?

As for ASH, they are so clever but I wonder if the Coalition is really that stupid. When NuLab was in power, ASH pretended to care about "the poor". Oh how they crowed about "healh inequalities", the poor being "too stupid and too poor" to know how to make the "right" decisions.

Now, lo and behold, we have a Tory led govt and suddenly ASH is all about promoting how much the smoker costs the public purse knowing that for the Tories money talks and bullshit about the poor walks.

This organisation is scum because not only is it a fake charity, it is a criminal one. ASH incited hatred against people who smoke by telling lies and funding false studies with money that the smoker pays.

I for one will pay no more. I've just booked my latest baccy trip abroad and another country will get the benefit of my tobacco money. I will never buy tobacco in the UK again until this Govt shows it has a brain and it stops funding the anti-smoking industry whose only purpose is to make its individual leaders rich by persecuting those too vulnerable to stand up for themselves.

In short, ASH and it's "smoke-free alliance" are liars, bullies, cheats, thugs, and criminals.

It's time they were prosecuted for fraud. Benefit claimants who lie to get more benefit get prosecuted. ASH lies to get public money and it should also face the criminal courts for taking this money under false pretences.

And THIS by Mr Puddlecote explains better than I could how the science does not support the lies promoted by such fake charities.