Sunday, November 7, 2010

ROYAL APPROVAL OF POLAND?



It's shame that Twinings is moving out of the UK and into Poland taking 286 jobs with it.

My other half's initial reaction was fear that the tea would't taste the same if it wasn't made in England. I pointed out that tea originates from India so it would probably be OK.

We drink Twinings and Yorkshire - loads of it. What we buy depends on which is cheaper at the supermarket. The price tends to change a bit from week to week.

I started buying it when I moved to Cornwall and couldn't find Yorkshire Tea. Twinings was "By Royal Appointment" after all and I thought if it was good enough for Her Maj then it was good enough for me. I wasn't disappointed. I am now.

Perhaps the Queen should rethink giving Royal approval to this particular tea company and perhaps consider bestowing it instead on one that considers the impact of a loss of jobs for British subjects.

Meanwhile, I think I'll stick with Yorkshire Tea.