Monday, November 22, 2010

MIDDLE AGES POLICIES DON'T WORK



Despite the bullying it seems these damn smokers still won't quit.

I don't know why others are not giving up but the reason I don't quit is because my mother taught me to stand up to thugs.

I toyed with the idea of quitting in the late 90s but by the time the 00s arrived, the more Nanny nagged the more I felt like reaching for my roll ups to prove I was the one still in control of my own body.

I'm told that smoking outside has become cool for young people in a stylistic sense despite the freezing weather. Non-smokers are happily chilling outside with the smokers while a bit of "smirting" goes on. The antis are still moaning as they sit inside on their own.

Govts don't seem to learn that social engineering doesn't work. People will behave as they want and have done for centuries despite the threats.

Tobacco use is millions of years old. Historically smokers were executed, persecuted, and imprisoned at about the same time that courts put animals on trials for crimes such as murder.

Just over 50 years after the first smoker was imprisoned during the Spanish Inquistion in 1493, a sow and her piglets accused of killing a child in France in 1547 led to the execution of the pig. The sow's family was spared because of their youth and the fact their mother set a bad example.

It's great to see that we don't put animals on trial for breaking the law any more and we did make progressive moves towards smoking and smokers but the anti-smoking industry has dragged us back centuries.

Thanks to their backward stance smokers are still being sent to prison and they say the smoking ban is ... errrr ...progressive...?

The fact is - as the evidence shows - that no matter what the anti-smokers backed with big corporate cash and the might of the bully state do to smokers they still won't quit.

Money poured into anti-smoking hate really is taxpayers' cash wasted.