Tuesday, November 2, 2010

GIMME A BREAK PULEEEAASE...

Here we go again. Smoker persecution stepped up one notch based on a fallacy that smokers are lazy while promoting the idea of "Smokers as employer liabilities."

It's all in the plan to denormalise people who don't do as they are told by healthists.

I don't go out to smoke during working hours because I don't feel like it. I feel guilty just taking a lunch break. I'm sure I'm entitled to a 10 minute break in the morning and afternoon but I don't take it.

My current colleague is also a smoker. He does nip out once in the morning for a fag and once in the afternoon. He also nips out to get a sandwich, and then nips straight back to the office to work as he eats it.

He's on an average wage and the extra hours he puts in each week are phenomenal. Sometimes he starts work at 7.30am but he is not home again until 11.30pm. I don't begrudge him a smoke during work and I think it's rather mean that anyone else should.

The Norfolk based council smokers are being publically humiliated to further the cause of making smokers unemployable. Not so long ago they were treated as equal and allowed the right to smoke in designated areas. Now they are being hounded out of legal activity on a whim and personal dislike.

I'm amazed their union is not standing up for their rights. But then what's the point of unions today? They have no power. No one likes them. They have their own pet causes and nothing else matters in the alleged just cause of "fairness".