Wednesday, October 6, 2010

ANTI-SMOKING INDUSTRY WRONG AGAIN




I was very sorry to hear about Charlie the Chimp who has outlived his fellow apes by 12 years.

These anti-smokers keep getting proved wrong don't they - or could it be that a smoking chimp lives longer than others because smoking does not make smokers die younger or maybe because he's a chimp and not human. I suppose they could use that one as an excuse.

At least they didn't try and "denormalise" the poor old chap and I'd have liked to see anyone tell him he couldn't smoke inside his zoo.

I think I'd rather be a chimp than have to put up with the bullies who are still trying to get into our private homes and cars

They can't do it without using chiiildren but they don't give a stuff whether there are children around or not.

It's their usual tactics. Hype up the fear factor, make parents feel like child abusers and then tell the world that they are, then when they've got the required number of smokers compliant, they move onto legislating against them chiiildren or not.

When the ban came out the only thing that I was grateful for was these moaning bullies would finally back off. Yes. I know I was naeive. This will not end until tobacco is illegal and smokers are criminalised. Make no mistake it's where this issue is heading.

And tobacco is not the issue here at all. It's about freedom. The right to live in your home in peace. The right to choose what you do behind closed doors without fear. If you stand by and let this happen without taking to the streets - whether you smoke or you don't - you are opening the flood gates of oppression on any health whim that any vested interest has in mind to impose upon you.

Next will be the food police who come round to check your fridge - for the Chiiiildren of course. Hot on the heels will be a cut off point at bars and pubs when you've had your state allotted "safe" number of alcoholic units in one week.

This has to stop and now. Is there no one in this country that cares about freedom and fair play? Is there no one with their Oxford and Cambridge education in Govt with half a brain to see through this shit? It seems to me that their parents wasted a shit load of money on thick zombies who will always be thick zombies. I've seen brighter graduate from the University of Life and HM prisons. Money can't buy intelligence that's for sure.

On the positive side, because I have been in despair about this issue for some time and news for us is rarely good, it seems some support is coming our way but even then I'm depressed at how few MPs care about their smoker constituents.

I've given up on mine Karl Mccartney. I am afraid he is a typical cowardly Tory. Behind the scenes he says he supports choice. In public he is too scared to show it. What use is he? I know one thing. He only won this seat from St Gillian of Merron by 1000 votes. If he wants to win it next time, he better start listening. The smoker people of Lincoln are vastly losing patience with him and so am I.

I'm beginning to think that Charlie the Chimp has more intelligence.