Wednesday, October 13, 2010

ASH FUNDS HATE AND PREJUDICE



Why am I not surprised that Welsh ASH has funded research to show that smokers really are despicable people.

It was never going to show the truth because that does not fit with the smoker haters' agenda. Imagine presenting ASH with a paid for study that said smokers were actually mentally well balanced people and our evidence shows that you smoke phobic and health freaks are the real nutters.

This bit in the Spiked article linked above gets me the most. The patronising enforced caring really makes me want to vomit when the truth is that anti-smoking cowards hide behind "the poor" because they generally don't speak up for themselves so they can lie in their name. Well - NOT IN MINE!

Indeed, there are all sorts of reasons why people might be less concerned about their health than health guardians feel they ought to be. One of these is poverty: if your life is a bit of a grind with limited opportunity, then having another beer or smoking another fag might be a more appealing prospect than an extra few weeks, months or years of old age. As the Marmot Review on health inequalities noted earlier this year: ‘People with a higher socioeconomic position in society have a greater array of life chances and more opportunities to lead a flourishing life. They also have better health. The two are linked: the more favoured people are, socially and economically, the better their health.'

Don't tell me for a start that those with highly paid jobs don't find their lives a bit of a grind. All those long hours at work, day after day. Money has nothing to do with it. Who the fuck are these arse sniffers to dismiss "the poor's" lives in this way. When was this Marmot last in the heart of the sink estate? Cnut!

And the view that those who have more money are somehow immune to bad health makes me want to pee myself if it wasn't so crass. Try telling actor Christopher Reed that all his wealth saved him when he took a risk and rode that horse that broke his neck and killed him slowly over 10 years. Try telling that to actress Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco, when the fast car her daughter liked killed her after plunging off a cliff!

I assume you get the point that lots of money won't save you and being poor doesn't mean your life is shit. But it is good ammo in ASH's lie box to fund continuous prejudice and hatred and blind the soft and stupid.

These organic fart sniffing MPs in Parliament - all 141 of them who voted against David Nuttall MP's amendment - should hang their heads in shame. His 10 minute rule was was defeated and it seemed the knob NuLab MP Kevin Barron took note of crazed anti-smoking plants or stooges from ASH.

I have to say I am over the moon that my MP Karl Mccartney supported David Nuttall. I think I'll ask my technical expert to set up a gallery of the 86 heroes who dared to support us to go with my blog mascot Philip Davies. I salute them.