Tuesday, October 26, 2010

DEAR GOVT ....

Maryetta Ables from Forces International (sorry there is no link as the site appears to be down)has given some thoughts on the rerlationship between Govt and citizen.

I agree they should get thier noses out of our lives and leave us alone to grow and develop our own quality of life.

"Dear Government:

It is time I got this off my chest. Your behavior lately has made me feel increasingly uncomfortable. I think it is time we broke it off.

Many warning signs of an "unhealthy relationship" exist here....

You want to know:

Where I am all of the time
Who I am with
What I am eating
What kind of medicine I take
What I say on the internet and everywhere else
Who my friends are
What my kids are learning at school
What kind of light bulbs I use
What kind of car I drive

It is to the point now where you are trying to limit my choices on just about everything! You don't want me to be able to grow and trade my backyard vegetables! You want tell me how much I "deserve" to earn! Even if I decided to take up fishing in the river near my home, you are making rules and regulations about that too!

Here is the bottom line. You are oppressive, intrusive and abusive and I want out."

Me too!